2010 brings us into another year of busy salmon enhancement and education work. We just can’t seem to slow down! Our website has given us tremendous positive feedback for the work our group does and we use that to continue striving for the best we can offer to the Atlantic Salmon of NFLD and Labrador.
This year we’ll have our sleeves rolled up and diggin’ deep with the following projects:
– Our annual auction in May
– Participate in workshops
– Produce our annual 2010 SPAWNER magazine
– Keep surfers up to date with our river reports and anglers voice sections
– Issue our newsletters
– Participate in the planning process for Salmon Management Zones
– Have three summer students working on Harry’s River and the Corner Brook Stream
– Organize a Corner Brook stream clean up as seen on NTV
– Removal of obstructions at Deadwater Brook on the Upper Humber system
– Fish Friends projects and release of their fry
– Attend and participate in SCNL meetings in the fall
As an affiliate of the SCNL (Salmonid Council of Newfoundland and Labrador) we’ll provide input that’s used to help develop future Salmon Management Plans. We’ll work cooperatively with other affiliates around the province and continue to support ASF (Atlantic Salmon Federation) as an affiliate. We also liaise in an ongoing manner with both levels of Government.
Our Newsletters, website and magazine will continue to provide members with updates on the salmon scene in Newfoundland and Labrador.